On top of that (and possibly also because of the 1966 accident), a bracer bar in the bottom back broke off.
So a couple of weeks ago, I removed the driver’s seat from the car in an attempt to fix both issues.
Now, I’m definitely not the best welder around, but I can do a few things with the simple welder I have, so after a bit of work, the bracer bar has been welded back in place.
As for the bend in the seat, I don’t really want to take the upholstery off the seats. The vinyl is tacked in place and has little clips holding it in place.
I’m afraid removing the coverings to truly fix the frame would cause too much damage to the vinyl. So, while saving that for later, I just tried bending the seat to make sit properly.
Indeed, I did manage to bend the seat into a better position. However, I still don’t think it’s perfect and may require a more adjustments in the future.